Wednesday, August 29, 2012
357: A Mirror Delimma
Today's Reason I know you love me? I made this mirror to put on the wall. I got the wood cut, stained it, sealed it, glued it onto the mirror and then stepped back to look at my handiwork only to realize we had no way to hang it up and the frame was crooked. Awesome Camille. Instead of telling me what a bad job I did, you brainstormed with me about how to hang it and how to get the crooked edge fixed. You knew it meant a lot to me and so you tried to salvage it. Thank you!
Today was another hard day where I was sick and tired and there was so much to do that I didn't get a break. I drove 30+ minutes to get to the car inspection place and I was late to the appointment by 30 minutes. There was someone else in line in front of me and so he had to turn me away. I was trying to smile through my almost tears and load up the kids and think through how in the world I was going to drive 30 minutes the next day for a 5 minute test when the owner comes back in and said he changed his mind and would do the test really quickly before he worked on another car. It was a tender mercy because I was sick, Benson was throwing a tantrum because he couldn't watch TV at the car place anymore because we were leaving and the idea of driving another hour round trip the next day just made me sad. I'm so happy for little miracles like that. Plus, when you came home you took Benson out to Home Depot with you so I could have some alone time with me, myself and I while I put Finn to bed. You had a great time with the Benz and loved holding his hand as you walked around together in Home Depot. He is your little buddy and I can't even begin to express the sacredness of your relationship. I love that I married such a great daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment