Saturday, August 25, 2012

361: A Jaunt Through The Toy Store

My reason that I know you love me today? Instead of asking "What's for dinner?" While we chatted on your way home, you first asked "Do you want me to pick something up?" It made my heart skip a beat just listening to it. It tells me two things: 1. That I REALLY don't like making dinner (obviously)and don't often enough that you knew you would not be coming home to a home made delicious meal on a Friday night and 2. That you care about me enough to know that I don't want to worry about dinner on Friday night. Fridays are about you, me and getting the kids to bed as fast as possible. I love it. A good memory from today? Benson was awesome this morning. So, so good. So, I told him as a reward we could go and spend some time playing at the library. He was very excited and kept on telling me "Mommy, I'm SUCH a good boy. I get to go to the library". Well, as always, it takes us about 20 minutes to get everyone packed and in the car but we get there. Only to realize the library is closed. Benson bursts into tears and it breaks my heart because I told him we could go to the library. So instead I talk him into going to Toys R Us. He loved it. Even I have memories of loving when my mom used to take us there. It is always so fun for me to see what kinds of toys Benson gravitates towards. He spent a good long time at the train table just playing with trains. He loves his trains and cars. He also wanted to spend a long time playing with the bikes. He got on the tricycle and for his very first time pushed the pedals and steered all by himself. I was one proud momma. Let me tell you what. There is something so magical about taking your boy to the toy store, no plans, no actual shopping to get done and just wandering. Sigh. Life sometimes just does not get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment