Wednesday, August 22, 2012
363: Babies and Babysitting
My reason today that I know that you love me? This morning you asked me if you could go to football draft party at the Warnings tonight. You said you would be late and you asked if that would be okay. It seems like such a small thing, but it was so so sweet of you to ask, instead of tell me. I know there are so many other husbands who go to basketball every night and then set up sports for all weekend. I love that you make a special effort to be here for me and the kids all of the time. Thanks!
A special memory from today? The kids and I went to babysit Sarah Walker while Michelle Walker went to go get checked out at the doctor. Her house is huge and airy, it was cool outside, and the breeze was blowing. Plus, they had a huge room full of toys and Benson was in Heaven. He loved it. Truly, madly and deeply and kept on asking me to come in the room and "yook at my cool toy, mommy" It was sweet. We stayed there a little longer than I expected and both kids PASSED OUT on the way home. Really, they passed out. I gave Benson a treat for being so good at the Walkers and his sweet face was covered in chocolate and he looked so sweet sleeping in his seat. I love precious moments like that. Yesterday I got my new phone and I am so so stoked about it, but I've been thinking about one thing constantly since I got it. How surrounded moms are by distractions. I don't know any place where I do not have technology at my fingertips. It is so fun, but such a temptation now to just throw a movie in for the kids and look at my email or something. I think that is such a cunning tool of Satan. He is so good at turning useful tools into masters of distractions. That's part of our purpose here, I guess. To resist that! So, I'm making a goal not to waste time on the internet. Just because I have it all of the time doesn't mean that I need to be on it. My kids are my number one job during the day and nothing can replace the joys of raising them.
Thanks for the phone, I will use it exactly how a mommy of two should.
I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment