Monday, August 20, 2012
365
Mike, you don't know it yet but this is the beginning of my gift to you on our 5 year anniversary. 365 days of journal-ing and 365 days of picture-ing. I'm nervous to even begin the project because I have never been known for my awesome commitment to see projects the whole way through. But you, my love, are worth it. I love every single stinking thing about you and I think this love is worth remembering. So here it is, in all it's naked, exposed glory... 365 days in the life and Mike and Camille (and those two little tag alongs, the Benz and Finn). I love you!
To start: Today has been fabulous. I woke up to the sun shining and a peaceful home. I took both of the boys downstairs and got some breakfast for the Benz, Finn and I while you slept in a little. It was so wonderful. I had hymns playing, good smells coming from the scentsy, a hot bowl of cream of wheat and a funny little two year old stealing bites of my breakfast every time he thought I wasn't looking. What is it about that boy and him thinking everyone else's food is better than his? Finn was EXHAUSTED from the night before. We kept him up late, remember? You don't? Oh, we kept him up late while we went to my cousin's wedding reception. We drove an hour away and got home at 11:00 PM. I had a complete blast talking to my Aunt Marlene and Uncle Curtis, Cousin Joy and her husband Matthew and her daughter Elizabeth and brand spanking new husband Nathan. I realized you loved me last night. You drove that far with two kids that late at night because it was some thing I wanted to do. Thanks for that. Oh, plus you ran around with Benson and entertained him the whole time while I chatted it up. Thanks again.
Onto today, Church was church. Benson had a hard time making it through sacrament meeting and I was having a hard time making him take me seriously. But nothing new there. You were the fabulous Daddy you always are and played with Finn and took care of him. We are on week three in our new ward and really liking it. There are not a ton (or any) young couples or young children, but I think that makes it more exciting and intimate. You become really close friends with those who are near you. I'm really looking forward to becoming friends with the Quinns and the Riddles. Part of me feels bad for Benson because he has to stay in nursery with a bunch of babies and won't have any friends close to his age for a while. Finn will just be our buddy during church for another 10 months or so. That seems so short. Anywho, a funny experience from church I want to remember? on the way out Benson fell down hard and started really crying hard. As a way to make him forget he was hurting so much, I asked him what happened? In the middle of his crying he said, " I fell down like this aaaaaagggghhhh (in his high pitched fake voice he does)" It was so funny and random it cracked us both up.
Both of the boys were in bed and asleep by 7:00 PM WHAT? (think Shawn and Gus here). Now we are writing in journals (or sneaky little books) and enjoying the quiet. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment