Tuesday, August 21, 2012
363: Splash Pads and Banana Ice Cream
Today's reason I know you love me: Last night you noticed the awful emergency-like state of my feet and you decided to ped-egg my feet for me and then give me a foot rub. It was heaven and I love you all the more when I see little things like that that you are willing to do for me. That was probably not the most pleasant experience for you, but every time I look down at my baby-soft heels I think of my hubby and it makes me smile: )
Something I want to remember from today: Today I wanted to play with Benson but cars were getting old so I suggested we play "Waitor". He didn't get it so I brought him an apron and gave him the menu and the notepad. He had so much fun "taking my order" and cooking my food and then taking the money after I was done with the meal (he especially loved this part. This kids LOVES money. Should we be worried about this for the future?) It was so fun to do imaginative play with him. He is getting so so big and I love the things he imagines and comes up with. I can't imagine life without him. Another one, if you will. I laid down on the bed with him before nap time and read him a story. I then sang him his song and was about to run out of there and put Finn to bed when he turned around with those perfect, innocent eyes and asked me to "suggle for a bit" and then he turned to the side and we spooned for a while. That gesture was so sweet and so perfectly Benson that I wanted to squeeze the guts out of him. I never wanted the moment to end, but Finn was soon stuck under the bed and very loudly letting us know it. I love him too :)
Reason for the title of the post? Today was playgroup and we went to the Elgin Splash pad. It was a blast and Benson was very brave to run through the water and talk to his friends. He sometimes has a problem getting up the courage to do both. I also discovered a recipe for one ingredient healthy ice cream. You basically freeze bananas and then blend them up and it tastes just like ice cream. Because Benson will do anything for a treat, I'm excited to see if this actually works and I can give him a treat everyday without actually giving him the sugar. It's a win-win situation.
Nose touch,
Camille
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment