Wednesday, August 29, 2012
358: Being Sick Is Not for Wimps
Reason I know you love me today: You put up with me. Enough said.
I was sick today. All day. It's the first time in almost two years that I've actually been sick. Through my pregnancies with Benson and Finn and now through nursing Finn, I haven;t really gotten sick at all. This is a true tender mercy. Today though, I was feeling the FULL force of that sickness that I got. I was tired, sneexy, coughing and just wanted to lay around. But, because I was a mommy I still had to entertain kids and make dinner for the missionaries. Then put the kids to bed and clean up after dinner. I guess I was feeling grumpy about it. Benson was sweet as ever, and when I told him I was sick and that he had to be nice to me today he asked me if I wanted to snuggle. Heck yes! You had a really really busy day at work and so you got home at 7:00 PM right after the missionaries showed up. I was feeling grumpy by then and tired and sick. WE got through the dinner (we have good missionaries) and you put the Benz to bed while I cleaned up dinner. I was still feeling grumpy that I had to clean up dinner while I was sick so we went to bed without really talking about our days. I wanted to put that in because I think we will laugh about this when we read this together next year. Maybe? Ha ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment